I just love seeing justice....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I love it when some sleaze bag who tries to game the system at the expense of someone else loses in the end. This jerk should have never been a judge as he obviously has no concept of justice.

Here is the rest of the article. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071114/ap_on_fe_st/67_million_pants;_ylt=AqJWhtAe..MZLdZqhMD57v0sQE4F

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I wondered what had happened to that one!

It seemed such an obvious pile of ****. :biggrin

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. ffreeloader

He lost in the first trial. He was then told not to appeal as it would affect his employment as a judge. He went ahead and appealed, and lost again. It has now cost him his judgeship too. All I can say is it couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow. :dry

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I presume that he was sacked for attending trials without any trousers on?

Can't see how else a missing pair can cause $54 mil of anxiety and distress.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. ffreeloader

Here's how the idiot figured a pair of pants lost for a couple of days should be rewarded with $54,000,000.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3269485

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

"I see he has a claim for $500,000 in emotional damages. I don't doubt that he has some emotional suffering, but I don't think it's related to the pants. I suspect he'll be sanctioned."

Ha Ha.
    That's great!

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Thats f*cking ridiculous. Glad to see the tit has been fired.

More and more I see ridiculous lawsuits being filed in America and, whilst they may be in the minority as far as total cases, the fact that they are allowed through the system and not just immediately thrown out is ludicrous. Unfortunately, that mentality is insinuating itself over here too. Adverts like "Did you trip in the road? sue someone! perhaps you will get money and, if not, we wont charge you a penny!" People are suing for ridiculous things nowadays, and it needs to stop as far as im concerned.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  8. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Well, I heard one lady got several millions because she had burned herself with a cup of coffee (was it McDonalds?). If the judge buys it, why not try? Stupid that he appealed but hey, if you pretend to be an idiot, stick to it.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  9. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Is it me, or does this just seem like a sketch right out of Monty Python?

I loved this bit: -

God bless Americans :twisted:

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  10. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Entertainment capital of the world :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Over here, there are frivolous lawsuit penalties that can (and sometimes, are) enforced, such as fines for basically "wasting the courts time" and repayment of legal fees and other lost revenue by the defense. The penalties vary in each state.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Thanks ffreeloader for pointing this out. I've never heard of such a ridiculous lawsuit in all my life. The man is clearly insane. It is good he has lost his job, as he is in no fit state to be judging other people.

:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA