I hate being unemployed!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ThomasTheCrazyFool, Jun 23, 2006.

1. ThomasTheCrazyFool

ThomasTheCrazyFool Bit Poster

I hate being unemployed it is so s**t!

I have spent four days straight doing nothing but studying all day and i finally decide i cant be bothered anymore and to go out and everybody i know is in college or work!

I need another job and FAST or i might explode, and even if i do finish studying for 70-271 ill never be able to pass it because i cant afford to take it in the first place!

there i feel better now, a problem shared is a problem halved!

WIP: MCP Then MCDST
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I feel for you mate... how about considering this... instead of learning something for the sake of a cert or job why dont you look into *other* stuff like a programming language or linux something like that.. just to get your mind a little going again..

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

mate i know how you feel, i been there myself, i was on incap ben for 7 long and very slow months, and then after recovery, had to find a bloody job!, and with only £50odd pounds to survive, bear with it mate, you will find something soon... Good luck!

4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I'll be in the same situation again soon, but until I get any certs to try and get a job, I'm going to be signing up with agencies to get office work. No point in sitting round waiting for an ideal job to come along. Grab what you can even if its to get you by in the short term.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

thats a wise move mate, just keep applying aswell whilst on the temp job...

6. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

im in the same boat as you mate,
    this is the longest i have been unemployed since leaving school.
    I finished my Cerco training 4 weeks ago today and i still aint got a job........i check job websites every morning(which usually takes me about an hour or so),and follow up my applications with phone calls etc.....keep yer chin up, something will happen for you soon(and me too)
    Sparky

Certifications: Cerco's CCSN A+ DCSE
    WIP: MCITP , N+
  7. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Im working as a forklift driver to get me by at the minute, maybe if you take a look into the warehousing distibution?? Not the best of jobs i know. However there are normally jobs going 9/10.

Good Luck

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

It's difficult to be postive when you are unemployed, not too mention the motivation for study goes out of the window. :(
    Why don't you try and get a part time job, in anything that's available.

Something that's only 15 -25 hrs a week will still pay the bills and give you time away from your studies. That way the information has time to sink into your memory. Gives you a little break!
    Don't concentrate on the big picture!

Take little steps!

Write down why you want to go into IT and what sort of position you are after. Pin it somewhere you can see it everyday to remind you when you've lost the motivation, why you are studying!

Failing that, what about doing some exercise or something you enjoy, just to take a break from studying!

Good Luck!

Monkey :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+