I failed exam. I feel like I wasted my precious time and money.. and I feel 10 years older now.

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Ifailed, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

I mean seriously. I study my butt off but what's the point if not a single term, concept or problem are on exam? Do I suppose to magically know these and understand how this work by cramping up some bs stuff?

Ok, first of all, everyone says this exam is easy and very basic that everyone knows but that's not true. They are just being smart azz or probably worked in IT field for too long. Most young and middle-aged people only know how to connect router to their pre-installed cable modem by cable company and even then, they only know how to set ssid if they are kind of smart(and they don't have a clue what router is and have no clue about mac filtering, interference, channels blah blah, they don't know, they just know how to read manual and how to plug in cables and that's all). Old people? forget it. 99% of old people who are not exposed of internet trend have zero idea how to set up router or switch.

Anyway.. I bought exam voucher and video guide bundle from comptia website. What a waste of money. Seriously.. this video guide from skillsoft or whatever they are called is completely and utterly useless for the exam. I watched and studied this 18 hours long video guide twice and not a single problem was on exam. That's not all. Stuff that's on videos are educational but what's the point if it doesn't give you ability to pass a exam? Can you even call it a guide? I even bought test dump and sim engines that contains 1000+ questions that are suppose to be on exam. Granted.. none of those questions were on exam. I feel like I wasted 60 hours studying some bs stuff.

simulations on exam were very weird. How am I suppose to know what goes where if I never had a chance to set up huge network or this so called guide and test engines never show how to do it? Do I suppose to just know it magically? ipconfig, tracert, wireshark etc etc. They show briefly but they never explain what each line means. How am I suppose to know?

Enough of ranting. I think all these guide from comptia is designed to make you fail the exam and collect more money from you. Same goes for these dump site. Otherwise, how could they even call this garbage a guide? What's the point of wasting money and study with it if not a single question is going to be on actual exam and all explanations are so shallow? Most of all, it just looks like actual exam just avoid stuff that's mentioned on their guide on purpose so ultimately make you fail. I also heard this dump and sim sites are ran by certs company to trick people so they can leech more money from people. It make you think you are studying for exam but actually you were wasting your time and money on wrong stuff.

So what is the good guide that can actually help me to pass the test?
    I scored 570 out of 900. I suppose even that score is luck base since I didn't know most of the questions on test despite I scored 100% all the time on skillsoft(video guide) practice exam and this test dump questions.I even studied why they end up getting the answer on test dump(1000+ questions) even though there wasn't explanation on it. What a big waste of time and money?
    cert voucher + video guide costed me $400. Now it's gone. This test dump and sim engine costed me $70. gone. I basically wasted almost $500 and 3 weeks of my precious time for nothing. Do I know stuff more than I started studying? Sure, I do but stuff I studied seem so impractically and garbage and I failed the test. Really.. I will never buy another guide from comptia for their exam.

Help me find a real guide that can help me to pass the test please. I looked up online but all these guides I find seem very shady. I mean, what can I expect from fake promises from shady guides when even the official ones are designed to trick people to leech more moeny from them?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

You haven't listed what CompTIA exam you were attempting so we can cannot provide any suggestions on what may help you. Also, steer clear of Brain Dumps and stick to reputable sources. I used Boson for my practice tests when I was studying my A+ and Network+ and they were great. Albeit, I did have a lot of hands-on experience.

With the correct resources, you'll be fine.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Ok, first off, EVERYONE fails at something. You are not the first and you will most certainly NOT be the last. Its how you respond to this is the difference. You can either sit there and think that everything is against you, or you can get more study material and go again.

I am studying for the network+ at the moment...and it is a B!tch. I keep seeing people say it is easy, well then we need to redefine the term Easy.

On that basis, I am using the following:

I bought the Mike Meyers All in One book (£30)
    Mike Meyers All in One Course on Udemy (£12)
    Professor Messer Network+ (£0.00)
    Transcender Practice Exams (£40 but was part of the deal with Gracetech when I booked the exam)
    TotalSim Total Testers Simulation (Mike Meyers Company) About (£65).

With the Exam, I have spent about £300 of my own money. However, in the long run, this will even itself out and hopefully put me in good stead for the CCNA Routing and Switching.

Take a couple of days off, chill out and forget about the Exam. Then, at the weekend, Buy some more study material and smash it.

Chin Up, we have all been there.

4. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

I thought this is Network+ board so I thought everyone would know I took Network+(N10-006) even if I don't mention it. :(

5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

No sympathy from me

Live and learn.

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Ouch, didn't read that bit!

7. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

If you think you have been studying bs then IT might not be for you. it might have not prepared you for the exam but you will need to know all this bs and a hell a lot more in real job...

Somewhat feeling glad that the dumps were useless, wish all of the ones out there were.

As for the exam see best resources posted above

Jaron78 likes this.
  8. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

dumps were just for safety measure. I did spend good amount time on actual guide I bought from comptia shop.
    I studied, memorized and understood this video guide that suppose to prepare me for an exam many times and I could score 100% on its practice exam all the time too. But actual exam is just too different from this bs guide. If I were to put exam a difficulty 10, this guide is only difficulty level 2 at max.

As for people who are bitching about me buying dump, whatever. I didn't buy dump to cheat but practice. Dumps are useless since they have 1000+ questions for practice and actual exam is only 82 problems. I did study on this so called legit guide from comptia store back and forth several times plus I studied dump. Both proven useless and garbage on actual exam. Sure. I did learn new stuff but main objective was to pass the exam and both failed me miserably. They shouldn't even be selling this crap saying it will prepare you for the exam in the first place. It will only build you basic infos nothing more. Actual exam may be basic for some people but even if it's same basic, there clearly are levels of difficulty. If I were to compare this exam in english class, this bs guide only teach you a, b, c, d, e stuff while actual exam require you to make use of elementary school level conversation and problems. Teaching alphabets to people who are going to take elementary school class isn't appropriate.

9. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

Yep. 60 hours studying is from legit guide from comptia store called network+ from skillsoft.
    and studying time for dump was on top of it. both of them were useless on exam.

10. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Why don't you ring up the exam board and ask them what questions they will put on the actual exam you're sitting, then ring up the brain dump site and see if they have those exact questions. That way you will pass (well presumably) and you can post a new thread on how well you did or didn't do. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Juelz, dmarsh and Jaron78 like this.
  11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It’s been a while since I sat the network+ exam but I wouldn’t look at buying one guide to pass the exam – it’s not as straight forward as that.

Perhaps purchase a book and use that as your main resource but also use the guides to compliment it?

Also don’t look at the amount of time you spent studying as a gauge to if you are ready to take the exam. Take it when you feel ready and are confident that you truly understand the material.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I dunno what joy passing an exam via brain dump would bring, as you would have cheated.. So there is no self-satisfaction in that surely? You have two choices really, giveup or keep trying.

Fail, Repeat, Fail, Repeat, Fail, Repeat.... Pass