i failed CMA today :(

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by rowlando, Dec 18, 2007.

1. rowlando

rowlando Bit Poster

Hi.

I failed certified mysql associate (entry level mysql cert from MySQL AB) with a score of 36/50 (72%).
    Quite odd as on their website, they say the pass mark ranges from 36-38/50 depending on the exam.
    How odd......I have rebooked the exam, but i have also written to them as this does not sound quite right to me...

Certifications: JNCIA-FWV, LPIC 2, SCSA, CMA, 70-271
    WIP: 70-272
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Don't let it get to you as we all do fail sometimes and in some point in life. What matters though is what you'd do after you fall or failed?. I personally would pick myself up and go for it again and again if need be. Cheerio and best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Like onoski said don't let it get to you.

Maybe you were not as ready as you thought, go through some study material again until you feel more confident then go for it. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Best of luck on your next attempt!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

It sounds like they use "adaptive" exams. Comptia used to do that too. High score was variable on those old Comptia tests. It ranged from around 900 or so up to around 1300.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1