I don't believe it....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by soundian, Mar 10, 2010.

1. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

After over a year getting the occasional physical assault and constant physical threats working as a barman in some of this fair city's less salubrious establishments to fund my entry level certs, I got a temp job a month ago. 3 months to perm doing 2nd (actually first/second) for a major electronics manufacturer.

Last Friday I finished my training. Rumours had been circulating that we were about to lose the contract I was working on. I'd turned down a couple of permanent 1st level ISP jobs to take this one because it was more IT (notebooks, printers etc)

All us temps got sent home at 5 today, all the perm staff got hauled into a meeting.
    Doesn't look good from here. My first IT job might finish before my first week is out. :(:cry:

Gutted.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Sorry to hear that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I know it's easy to say but do not give up. You've seen for yourself that the jobs are there.

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nightmare mate! :cry:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Oh no! :( That's horrible news!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Not to be harsh because that is bad news, but never ASSUME you''re going to be taken on after your contract. My last job was a 12 month contract and I got out after 7. I told them completely straight that I'm not waiting until the last minute to look and as soon as I had done 6 months, I would be actively looking to leave.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I hope it works out for you.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Good luck, hope it all works out for the better for you.

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA