HTML with W3Schools

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Davidus, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

Hi Everyone

Quick question if I may?

(Background – changing careers to IT, concentrating on programming with C#, and meanwhile am taking on web design as well)

Am currently going through the W3Schools tutorial for HTML whilst waiting for a self-study book to arrive in the post, and notice that the web site offers a certificate upon completion and passing an exam with themselves.

My question is – is this ‘certification’ worth the paper it’s written on?

The tutorial etc is all free. Only cost that would be incurred would be the exam fee.
    Just wondered if this was worth obtaining if only to validate that I am conversant with Html?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Davidus

Certifications: EDCL (don't laugh)
    WIP: 70-536, Comptia A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Some will say yes, some will say no. I say, it can't hurt.

Just remember, these certifications aren't qualifications, they are more along the lines of "Certificates of Completions", just like the certificate of completions you would get from doing a learndirect course. If you want something to bulk out your CV, go ahead, if you only want certifications that are proper qualification then no.

In the real world, it depends on the person/people interviewing you. The main thing is your portfolio, but like I said, it can't hurt :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

Thanks Ken

Realise they aren't qualifications but if nothing else, should show that I was competant (to some degree at least :)) in the subject.

Thanks

Davidus

Certifications: EDCL (don't laugh)
    WIP: 70-536, Comptia A+