Howdy

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by zebulebu, Aug 7, 2006.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Been looking around for a UK-based cert forum for a while and decided to take the plunge with this one.

Please tell me this isn't a braindump haven... I'm sick to death of visiting forums that are full of clueless wannabes!

I've been MCSE 2k certified since 2002, MCDBA since 2003. Also CCNA certed since 2001 (so thats expired, ho hum) and, for what its worth, have an HND in computing and looking to begin OU degree in Networking in January next year.

I'm currently working as a Security Admin - having changed careers from DBA about a year ago - and loving it. Just completed my JNCIA and working heavily with Netscreen firewalls.

Next up for me is the CEH - hope to find some peeps on here interested in that cert.

Peace!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF Zeb!

No this is definitely not a braindump haven. It's more of an anti-dump heaven 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF!:biggrin

we recently got our first CEH last week and could well be our first JNCIA!

8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Morning! :biggrin

5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Cheers folks - good to know there are some sites out there that don't agree with dumping.

I won't be on here a lot cos the ol' day job gets int he way, but hope to get on when I can.

Can't believe I'm the only Netscreen bod on here - although I suppose most places are still PIX/Checkpoint orientated. believe me - netscreens are the way forward - the functionality of them is like having a carrier-level firewall in a two grand box!

I'm getting my employer to send me on the CEH in a couple of months, lookign forward to that as, apart from the Juniper cert, it will be the first exam I've workedtwoards since my MCDBA three years ago. I'm hoping that will get me back into the swing of studying so that I'll have the impetus in January to start my OU degree.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Evening! :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence