How to convert Skillsoft course to video format?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Sharpa, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Sharpa

Sharpa New Member

Hi all,

Anyone knows how to convert a Skillsoft course to a video format WITH sound.
    I tried recording it with a screencapture, but after 5 seconds the sound disapears.

The problem is that i don`t have a computer/laptop so i can only study the course at work.
    I do have a tablet so converting the course to a video format with sound would be great!

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks.

Sharpa

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Not actually sure that it's legal to do that. Perhaps have a chat with Skillsoft to see if they have an offline version for tablet viewing?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Sharpa

Sharpa New Member

I already tried that and they dont have it. Problem is that i cant study at home on my tablet, so trying to find a way to convert it not to do any illegal stuff.

4. Sharpa

Sharpa New Member

Anyone else with suggestions?

5. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

How are you viewing it at work? If your logging in to a website and then viewing the content then you could do this at home by connecting your tablet up to your wifi?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  6. Sharpa

Sharpa New Member

You need to download a plugin and a player which both aint supported on the tablet

7. shadowwebs

ah your a bit cream crackered with that one then

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  8. Sharpa

Sharpa New Member

I know thats why i'm hoping to find someone with an idea.

9. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

ask work to provide you with the equipment (a laptop) to study at home with?

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: MD-100
  10. Sharpa

Sharpa New Member

They don't have a budget for that.

11. shadowwebs

can the training provider offer you a transcript of the training material, what is the course that you are studying?