How to connect to my OWN wireless network

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by keegan, Oct 20, 2007.

1. keegan

keegan Bit Poster

Hi guys, im new to this website but im very happy i saw this website up because i came from the icertify dot net website and dont know what happened to it .

1. My friend has a wireless network at hom ( 3 labtops ) all using WINDOWS XP home , 1 tower all are wireless . THe problem he is having is that on all 3 notebooks he is able to get on the internet but he isnt using his network , its alike its automatically picking a network for him and hes going on it.

What should he do to always connect to his network evertyime ? He is able to see his network in network available connections so i thought thats a good thing and he can manually connect like that but when he restarts the NOTEBOOKS he has to manually connect to his network by clicking on CONNECT on his network

If he doesnt do that he is always connecting to a neighbor , but how can he automatically connect to his everytime he turns on the computer.

Forgive me guys im a rookie in this stuff so please reply in detail and i hope i can understand. THANKS!!

2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

look at the Preferred networks part on this page http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...ocs/en-us/wlan_client_configure.mspx?mfr=true

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)