How to book a+ test in the UK?

Discussion in 'A+' started by rtmessiah, Feb 11, 2008.

1. rtmessiah

rtmessiah New Member

Hi there, just looking for some advice on booking my a+ essentials test in the UK.

I once read something about a 'free second try' deal? I understand there are two different companies that you can book through, are either especially recommended?

Also I'm in Glasgow, has anyone had any bad test center experiences in this area?

many thanks!

2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF :)

The "Free second shot" deal is for MS, not CompTIA, so unfortunately doesn't apply to the A+. You can book through either Pearson Vue or Prometric, just by creating an account with either one, locating your nearest test centre and booking. I used Pearson Vue for my A+, although now that only Prometric do MS exams, I'd go with them if your planning on a going onto the MCDST, MCSA etc..

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. rtmessiah

rtmessiah New Member

Ah, I see. I had looked at MCP a while back so that must have been where I picked up on that.

Otherwise there isn't much to choose between the two?

4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

They run the same tests. The only difference is where their centres are, and one (I forget which) doesn't charge VAT.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

After just trying to book my Net+ exam with Pearson Vue, I can confirm its Prometric that dont charge VAT :cry:

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Not sure if there still available but u used to be able to pick up vouchers for the test that cost less.

I think I went through getcertified4less.com although it was a while ago and I've slept since then. Would be worth having a look if these offers are still available.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

they still do vouchers but you have to buy international vouchers, uk voucher got stopped. Another site to get international vouchers is gractechsolutions.com

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?