How spyware can ruin your life...

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by dmarsh, Nov 27, 2008.

1. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

http://www.cio.com/article/print/466478

Makes for a chilling and compelling read...

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Very, and very disturbing that they followed the case through and got a conviction. Seems very odd.

I have corresponded with Alex at Sunbelt myself in the past and he is a good guy.

One has to wonder why the teacher concerned didn't just shut the pc off (even just turn the monitor off) or call the IT support people straight away (could have popped briefly into next door classroom for help if the TA wasn't helpful).

There's probably a bit more to it on both sides but still disturbing all the same. :eek:

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

This is actually a well known case that has been hitting the headlines for some time.

The major problem has been the lack of knowledge/experience in nearly all the players, including all the legal and management people as well as the staff.

Until courts and management get a clue (i.e. 'never') this sort of problem will continue to appear.

Harry. (Who long ago decided that certain areas were out-of-bounds on the grounds of OTT rules and reactions.)

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+