How soon is too soon?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jaron78, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

So it seems I am passing my probation. Its due to end on the 26th of June, but I have just been added to the Rota for August and asked if I would be willing to cover the early shift for two weeks.

Our network team are based next door and currently have two open roles in the NOC team. At my interview I explained to both my line managers that I want to progress within the company and I was very interested in networking.

I have spoken to the NOC manager in passing and recommended someone for a role. He asked if I knew anyone else and I said I was also interested.

I am attending a week long CCNA R&S training course on the 22nd of July and will then hit Junos and Linux once I have the CCNA done.

My question is, would it look a bit sh!t of me to apply or at least make my interest known in a NOC role if I have only just passed my probation in IT Support?

Just wondered what the general consensus would be.

Cheers

2. nisseki

nisseki Byte Poster

Go for it mate.

Jaron78 likes this.
  3. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

What's the worst that can happen?

Jaron78 likes this.
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I wouldnt worry about what other people think, just go for it, imagine if this time next year your regretting not going.

All I would say is be decent and leave the bloke taking your old role some decent documentation

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Jaron78 likes this.
  5. Jaron78

Nice one Chaps.

There is a One to One with department head next week so will bring it up with him.

6. Jaron78

Also have a meeting with Internal Recruitment about a job description, what I need to aim for etc :)