How many exams?

Discussion in 'A+' started by mattprince, Feb 23, 2009.

1. mattprince

mattprince Bit Poster

Hi,

Going to do the A+ and know i have to pass the A+ Essentials and then the 220-602, 220-603 and the 220-604

Is it 4 seperate exams i have to take all costing £107 each (£428) or is it 2 exams (£214) (first exam the essentials and then the 2nd exam is all the 220-602/3/4)??

Matt

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+, N+ and MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You only have to do 2 exams to get your A+. The essetntials 220-601 is mandatory then you do one of the others.

The exams are £111 + vat for each one unless you buy two discount vouchers from somewhere like www.gracetechsolutions.com where they cost £107 each with no VAT to pay. if you where to do all four it would 111+ vat per exam. Some training providers get you to do all 4 but you only need to pass two.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. mattprince

mattprince Bit Poster

Hi,

Would it be frowned upon by a potential employer for only doing the minimum 2 exams?

Matt

4. greenbrucelee

No your only expected to do two exams. There's not much difference between the 3 electives anyway,

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

How would they know? A+ certified is A+ certified is A+ certified.

Most employers don't even know that there are four A+ exams to take! :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. mattprince

mattprince Bit Poster

Hi,

Thats good then.

I get the books tomorrow so how long would you would say it would take to be ready for the first exam? (I know quite a bit about hardware and software anyway but not specific)

Also , from the date i book the first exam how long do you normally have to wait for the exam? , and how long do you wait to find out if you passed?

Matt

7. greenbrucelee

it will take you as long as it takes you, only you can answer that. You can take the exam whenever you want. You could visit pearsonvues website tonight and book the exam for tommorow morning if you want or you could book it for the end of the year.

8. mattprince

mattprince Bit Poster

Hi,

Well i get the books tomorrow so will book the exam for about 3-4 weeks time.

When would i find out the result? , on the day or by post?

Matt

9. greenbrucelee

as soon as you click end exam it tells you if you have passed or failed. Once you have passed the two exams it can take upto 8 weeks before you get the certificate. I got mine after 4 weeks and 2 days:D

10. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

You would get your results upon finishing your exam. Be warned though, there may be a delay of 2 - 5 seconds!

11. mattprince

mattprince Bit Poster

lol @2-5 seconds!

Thats good then.

Im going to study hard the next 3weeks or so and try and find a job in teh Stoke on Trent area.

Matt