How many exams make up the A+?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by scottste, Apr 22, 2007.

1. scottste

scottste Bit Poster

Hi there, just a quick question about the A+ exams, when I was last looking to study the course a few years ago there were 2 exams Hardware and Software. Apparently this has now changed with the new 2006 updates. Can someone tell me for sure how many exams there are now and what the exams cover.

Thank you in advance.
    Scott.

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You must take two exams. One exam is mandatory - A+ Essentials. The other exam is an elective - you can choose from three exams; I believe they are PC Technician, Field Service Tech, and Bench Tech.

You can find objectives for each exam on CompTIA's Website.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Quoted for truth

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  4. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

QFT :p

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  5. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I believe the old 2003 style exams can also be taken til 1 Juli 2007. In that case you need only two exams, but they are both mandatory. Could not find the exact date on www.comptia.org thou.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP