How long do you keep your Christmas decorations up?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Jan 7, 2011.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I like the splash of color on my old black-and-white avatar...

...maybe I should colorize the whole thing... :hhhmmm

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

The color would be nice, but I think that it would be like Michael Strahan (US football player... google him) getting the gap between his tooth fixed. It's your trademark, no need to mess with success! haha...

In case you were talking about REAL christmas decorations, the little fibre optic tree we have here is still up. Don't know when it will be taken down, but it don't bother me! The worst I ever saw was a little santa sleigh outside someones window in JUNE. Yea... someone got lazy!

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  3. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

On another note, I think I've been in Australia for too long. I'm starting to switch letters on some words like my aussie counterparts: fiber -> fibre, center -> centre. AH... I hear them chanting now...

ONE OF US... ONE OF US! :twisted:

4. BosonMichael

My wife started taking down the tree and decorations on the 26th. :D

Well... here's what I have done to my avatar... I kinda like it:

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Nah, you're just learning how to write and spell properly. :twisted:

No worries. :thumbleft

Mike, around here we traditionally leave them up until "drei königs tag" or otherwise known as Epiphany, which happens to be on the 6th of January. MY wife will be taking them down this weekend. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

Yes yes... we americans have butchered the queen's english, I know, I know. The most australian you'll see me be is drinking some of the beers like cascade, boags, and my fave Jim Squire. It reminds me of the Sam Adams brand that we have back in the states.

Icon looks good... what did you color it with?

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

We do the same!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. BosonMichael

I used this really complicated piece of software... Microsoft Paint! :biggrin

9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Much as I like decorations in the run up to xmas, when it's all over they look a little sad and I can't wait to get rid of them.

We usually take them down the first day the kids are back in school to spare them the heartache.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Heartache or embarrassment? :twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I don't like them to seem me cry...

:oops:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  12. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

I still think MS paint is awesome, I used to use it for making diagrams for my electronics projects in school :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  13. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

@BosonMichael
    Love the new avatar with a bit of colour (the ONLY way to spell the word.. :D )

As for real decorations, my missus has a habit of getting them up really early (like November, which is just wrong in my opinion) but gets annoyed with them so takes them down like the 26/12/10 (Again, the ONLY way to do the date :D )

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  14. L1ONE

L1ONE Bit Poster

I took them down Xmas night, House is too small and to be honest christmas has just become giftmas

Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCDST, MCP
    WIP: N+ maybe.