How healthy is your diet?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

As you all know I am a troubled creative soul who fires out random questions, so as the title says... How healthy is your diet? I would say overall mine is poor as I do like takeaway food and get it quite often. I am slim build and around 5,10 and weigh just over 11 stone so not large atall. I went from 10.5 to 11 stone in around 2 months which I purposely did and Im aiming for 12. I have changed my diet though as I now eat fruit and veg atleast twice a week lol!

2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Ideally you should eat fruit and veggies every day.

I can't say I always eat very healthy, but I've started doing gym again and force myself to have something simple like a salad for lunch.

Helped me lose a few kilos thus far, hope I can be closer to 80 kilos vs 90 over the next month or so.

Also, it gets worse once you're over 35... then the kilos start to pack on. And alcohol doesn't help, best to not drink any.

(so what I'm saying is, if you wanna be healthy, get ready to lose a few happy moments in your life)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Mine is terrible, I am 5'11" and weigh in at a massive 130kg.

Having literally turned 45 today I have decided to go back to living a Primal\Paleo life style which cuts out grains, legumes, nightshades, potatoes etc and aims for grass fed meats, fish (obviously not grass fed ;)) and plenty of healthy caveman type foods.

I have just come back from my birthday meal and actually didn't find it tasty (last meal before I turned 45), am stone cold sober (I drive a lot and knew my wife wouldn't have managed to stay awake for the drive home and true to form she didn't) as I rarely drink these days, driving home I made the choice to just get on with it and be healthier.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

Quite healthy. I eat the same thing erry day mon-fri. I fast til 12pm.

12pm - oats, peanut butter, blueberries, chocolate protein, fish oil, spinach shake, apple
    3:30pm - 2 slices wholemeal toast, banana, jam, protein
    8pm - jacket potato, brocoli, chicken breast, cereal, milk, protein pancake

I get 2800 calories everyday, on the weekends I get the same calories but allow some treats. Trying to bulk up at the moment, only 10.5 stone.

5. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

As a runner and a coach i should be eating healthy...... But its not easy when you have a family. Its bad enough my daughters a Veggie so thats 2 different meals being cooked every night, My g/f and son wouldnt eat a healthy meal fit for a runner, so that would mean 3 different meals a night. Im 70Kg (give or take) and do want to lose bit more (being 5"5 my so called BMI is 26,2 so obese according to teh stats, though im not fat). But i cant help like chcolate and cakes etc.
    Considering that though, most of my meals are balanced, veg and meat, carbs and protein etc. I dont have many takeways or junk food, maybe about once a month and now i rarley drink either.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Mines not the best these days. I eat healthy but also u healthy so I will have a chicken pita, get bored later, watch a film and east minstrels. Im only five foot seven and weigh 12.5 stone. Not ideal as I should be about 11 stone which probably isnt going to happen as alcohol helps reduce my stress levels. Im 35 so things are starting to slow down. Id love for this to change but I cant see anything happening to improve things....

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I differ abit as I do not like chocolate, my unhealthy eating isnt based on snack type food,more things like McDs and kebabs, I can barely finish a chocolate bar these days. You could always turn that extra weight into muscle youre probs at the right size in weight to build muscle without bulking, get yourself a gym membership!

8. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Probably not good – I kinda live off coffee and beer. I will have pasta for fuel sometimes.

Need to get my act together before I pass out or something.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    JK2447, Apexes and simongrahamuk like this.
  9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So I have managed to lose 2kg in the last 10 days, down to healthier eating.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Juelz likes this.
  10. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Average,

I'm training for the London Marathon next month so at present i've not had a drop of alcohol in 4 weeks, and i've got another 4 weeks to go. Bleurrrggghhh.

My diet mainly consists of chicken and fish right now, not exactly exciting

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  11. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Yeah my meal tonight was chicken and steamed veg.

12. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I would like to eat healthy but I also would like to put on weight.. will have to research the cheapest way to do so tbh, it easier to just eat 20 chicken Mc Nuggets lol

13. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Protein

14. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

I'm doing this currently. Up 8lb as of today after doing it a couple months. The trick is not excluding fat thinking it unhealthy, I used to make this mistake and got nowhere.

Certifications: A+, MOS: Master 2010, Network +
  15. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

diet is very important both in life and in work.

I go to the gym 5 times a week

and eat healthy.

I have like 1500 calorie diet, and its low carbs and high poriten

I do have cheat meals once a week but for most of the part its healthy

16. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

1500 calories is low isnt it, can you even maintain lean muscle mass on that?

I'm gonna go nuts tonight, all my travels with work are done for 3 months so I'm thinking gaming, pizza, beers, the box of toys might come around later as the kids are at my mums tonight, oh and Certforums of course :)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs