How good are the Transcender study guides and testing software?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by ms5er, Feb 7, 2009.

1. ms5er

ms5er Bit Poster

Hi Folks,

I am currently studying towards exam 70-272. I have purchased a copy of the study guide and testing software from Transcender. However, I want to ask everyone’s opinion on Transcender study guides and testing software. I also have CBT Nuggets videos and MS Press to aid me in my revision. :)

(Any hints and tips would be much be so appreciated)

2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

In my opinion, all good stuff! Learnkey CBTs are quite good too!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

I would recommend transcender self test software, its pricey but very good.

I used them to help me prepare for my first M$ exam last summer.

The trick is (IMHO) with practice questions is to use them when you have finished reading through the material (not before) to see how ready you are for the exam, you can then focus on you weaknesses.

I have spoke to people who try and learn exam material by repeating practice tests over and over again... there is no avoiding it, you must hit the books first.

I think with the Practice tests, study guides, ms press and CBT's you have most bases covered with this exam.

One last tip, don't forget about google and the MS technet site and of course certforums.

Good luck with your studies.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

The Resource Kits are quite good too! A lot in them but they do help towards passing the exam.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

All of the study aids you have are very good. They are definitely enough to pass the exam.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

what you have is good, remember that the Transcenders refer to on-line URLs, be sure to delve into those to broaden your understanding. Also, hands on.. always practise in your home lab, what you are learning. 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. ms5er

ms5er Bit Poster

Oh well, got 5-6 days to prepare :rolleyes: