How Doorbells work

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Jakamoko, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I bought a new doorbell today (wireless, but not sure if it conforms to 802.11g :) )

Whilst trying to figure out the wiring of the old bell, I came across the following page. So if you want to know more about how an everyday, mundane household device works, look at this :arrow:

How Doorbells Work

Do I win this weeks Sad Git award ?
    :tongue

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Do we really need to answer that Jak?

[​IMG]

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Slowly, ever so slowly, almost imperceptibly even, the distant sound of aimless tumbleweed blowing randomly in the exact direction that the wind decided it should follow, became audible.

At the same time, the faint whistling of an innocently-intended observation dropping from 30,000 feet made itself equally heard.

Jak realised that, finally, after all this time, trying to entertain the loyal troops of CertForums, he had finally overstepped the marks of decency. He had plumbed new depths of "sadness" and banality.

Dusting down the old shell, he packed his case, and without so much as a look over his shoulder, began the long march into the wilderness.

(Sponsored by Crap Humour is Us, Nelix Corp 2003)
    :tongue

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Nice try Gav, but you're far more likely to encounter a tumbleweed in my little corner of the world. Now brace up and get back to work. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+