How Do I Create A Disk Image of XP & Programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Professor-Falken, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Hello could someone tell me how to create a disk that contains my computer(Windows XP and programs so that I can reinstall it onto new system.

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

http://www.acronis.co.uk/

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I used to use Norton Ghost. Boot to a cd then run Ghost and image to another hard drive. As the meerkat says "Simples"! Or Arconis do much the same thing. Just be aware that if your new system isnt the same as the old one there may be too many hardware changes and you'll get the BSOD on boot.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

PartImage does the job as well

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  6. Professor-Falken

I need to create a bootable dvd that i can boot to and then install from the dvd to the new computer, sort of like a recovery cd could you tell me how to to do that.

Jose

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Dude you have been given the information, other than actually doing the work for you directly there isn't too much left to do.. go to either the Acronis or Laplink websites and have a read.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Personally I wouldn't make backup DVD's. I tend to build the machine, install the drivers and applications and then sysprep the machine and backup to a portable hard drive using CloneZilla which I've just started using and can say I'm really impressed with it. Using DVD's you find they get scratched or lost and waste a lot of DVD's when you tweak the image.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  9. Professor-Falken

Listen maybe i am just having trouble understanding i dont appreciate the tone of your message just for the record we are all hear to learn but thanks.

Jose

10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

DOn't bother. He used to be on here about once a week back in the day asking us to do his work for him.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em