How can I initiate ideas, tasks and projects in support of the CRM business analysis?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by economist, Feb 14, 2012.

1. economist

economist New Member

I have a couple of questions that I don't know who else I could ask them but you.*I have been asked these questions from an*interviewer's*side, I really didn't know how to answer them properly. I really appreciate any advice that you can offer regarding knowing more about them and answering them as well. I'll be posting everyone of them in separated post.

The question:
    How can I initiate ideas, tasks and projects in support of the CRM business analysis?

Thank you,

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Not sure I get the context here.
    Do you mean business analysis prior to a CRM implementation, or do you mean using CRM to perform business analysis (on yourself or a customer)?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. economist

economist New Member

Thank you Mr. Jonny MX for your reply. I believe that it's related to using CRM to perform business analysis. But I would really much appreciate it if you can clarify both of them to me. Thank you very much :)

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, typically you would perform business analysis as part of a CRM implementation. This would be part of the requirements capture where you would actually discover/investigate what the customer wants from a CRM system. This would involve talking to end users, business decision makers and reviewing current processes and procedures.

In terms of using CRM to analyse a business once you were using it, this would be thinking more about what data you want to capture about your customers and then how you extract and use that data. You could try using CRM marketing tools to set up campaigns and measure the responses, or just run searches or reports on historic information to build up a picture of a customer's history.

They are two very different processes, so as I say, it depends on the context.

5. economist

economist New Member

If I launched a campaign for those customers who are at risk of leaving a company (Anti-Churning Campaign) is that can be considered as a project in support of CRM business analysis. If no, then can you give me examples related to marketing campaign department and that are in support of CRM business.

6. economist

economist New Member

Any help! It's quiet urgent.:(

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well I don't see why not.
    You can argue that you had to perform business analysis in order to identify which customers were in danger of leaving the company. You could discuss how you went about that process.

Really though the sort of questions that you are asking here are really only things that you can answer. There is no right and wrong. The interviewer will just be trying to build up a picture of your skills and experience whilst also seeing how you communicate and reason. Sometimes trying to force a scripted answer into these sorts of questions isn't the best idea because it will be obvious to the interviewer - especially if it doesn't answer the question properly.

8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Is it still urgent then?

9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yup, really urgent...

10. Oro

Oro Bit Poster

The nature of this site sometimes.

Register, beg for an answer to your question, get it then never post here again.

Certifications: Comptia A+