Hola from Chile

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by StoneTZ, Sep 24, 2009.

1. StoneTZ

StoneTZ Bit Poster

Hola,

I'm from Chile and I've been reading these forums for quite a while. I've never posted before though.

The advice I've read already has been very helpful. I'm looking to ask a few specific questions and contribute some of my experiences in the immediate future. Boson thanks for the posts of yours I've read.

Stone

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+, CCNA
  2. alicat

alicat Nibble Poster

Welcome

Certifications: BA, ISEB Software Testing, N+, MCP
    WIP: 70-646
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Bienvenido Cert Forums :D

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I am glad that my posts have been helpful to you. :) Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. JK2447

I don't know, got a fan club and everything :biggrin :eek: :D

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  7. BosonMichael

Fan club? First I've heard of that! :D

Maybe I can make some money off this... :hhhmmm :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. StoneTZ

StoneTZ Bit Poster

It's funny, I was agreeing with one of your (few) posts on getting CCNA without much experience.
    I just essentially got told if I complete my CCNA I'll be hired yesterday. I think you're right and I agree with it intimidating employers but I guess I got lucky and talked to the right people. That and they know I have a lack of options here.

I'm going to be late for work if I don't leave in about 30 sec so I've gotta cut this short, it was originally intended to be a well thought out response to your solid argument of getting the CCNA without experience haha. Well more of a counter example than an argument. I concede that you win 9 times out of 10:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+, CCNA
  9. JK2447

I think if anyone can its you :biggrin

10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hola and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. BosonMichael

That's great... but doing what? Supporting routers? Because if it's not doing that, then what does the employer think the CCNA is for? If they're clueless about that... then what else IT-related are they clueless about? In my experience, those employers aren't great to work for.

If you did indeed land a router admin position, then congrats! You're the exception and not the rule. If techs go into the field thinking/expecting that they'll be handed a position upon getting the CCNA certification, they're in for a huge struggle. Most give up, while trying to figure out why their certification isn't automagically opening up doors.

I win 9 times out of 10 only because I'm right. And not because I'm smarter than everyone else... it's only because I've seen it happen again and again and again and again. I'm simply reporting what I've seen to be true. :)

12. BosonMichael

Eh, I'm simply glad to be able to help. I wish I had advice like this forum gives when I was younger. Thanks for the props, though, Jim. :thumbleft