Hiya all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Renllek, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Renllek

Renllek New Member

Well where to start?...............real name is james, im 29 and live in sunny 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne. :biggrin

I have been a member of these here forums for quite sometime but i have just been lurking in the shadows and reading up. But now i thought it would be time to say hello and become part of the bigger communtiy.........heres why!

I have been building computers and instaling small home networks for quite some time and about a year ago i made the choice that i wanted to work in IT. so............like many others i got in contact with a few of the so-called training providers to make the start on my newley chosen career. All i can say is that im glad that my credit file is not the best in the world or i would be like some of these other unfortunate souls that took out big loans to study with them.
    So i trawled the net to find out if there was a way that i could do it off my own back or through a collage of some sort.........and ended up here. Well what can i say......this site has been like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :) i read through the self study guide and decided to do that. Now there is a problem.....obviousley with a not so shiney credit history its is pretty safe to say that my financial situation is not the best in the world thus making it difficult to buy the books i needed let alone even pay for the exams!!:cry:

Well after some serious hunting on ebay i managed to get the books i need for pennys and have be studying my little butt off.......still have a problem tho. i cant pay for the exams........hmmm what to do now. well i read so many posts from people on here that they got there first job before they were even cert'd. So i thought i would give it a try, what had i got to lose. Applied for a few 1st line jobs and got a bit of a bruised ego from a few of them but alas one gets back to me! ' Regarding the postion of Trainee Service desk analyst that you applied for, we would like to invite you to come in for an assesment and an interview' so off i trundle an do my 'stuff'..........and they get back to me 2 days later.:p:p

Talk about chuffed to bits. but.......................oh yeah, theres a but................its still not 100% mine yet, last part of getting the job involves me getting SC level MoD clearence. so long as that comes back all ok then i sould be fine. only thing i have to worry about there is part of it involes a credit check:( fingers crossed tho. its not really bad but some major high street banks didnt want to risk me.

So there is my story..........and i probs wouldnt be in this postion now if i had never found these forums :)
    i do still plan to get my certs (this company as far i know may even help with them) i know the route to take
    ie A+, N+, MCDST so on and so on......................i naturally want to go as far as i can but till i get into the industry properly will not make any firm choices on what certs to do apart from the ones i have listed.

Ren

WIP: A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Things are looking good, let us know how you get on :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

I'm sure you will land a job soon, if not this one, simply because you seem to very clear-headed on how to go about things! :biggrin

Clearance shouldn't be a problem for most people, unless you did some silly things in the past!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome, and congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

Congrats:thumbleft Keep us posted!

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA