Hitman the movie

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by noelg24, Dec 3, 2007.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Seen it tonight and boy I wet myself...FANTASTIC!!! If anyone has played the games u will love the movie...I know I did...and Timothy Olyphant played agent 47 beautifully...im so glad they didnt use Vin Diesel like they initially planned...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I kinda want to see this, but I'm nervous that it'll be "video game movie campy". My wife is on the fence. She said it looks like it could be good, but because it is a game movie, there is that apprehension. Do you think it'd be a movie that she would enjoy, not having played the game? (Although she did watch me play some of it.)

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hitman is definitely a movie I would like to see, especially after playing the original codename 47 game. Actually it's kind of ironic, but one of the guys I work with looks like the hitman character, I can so see him pull it off.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yes...and its definitely not within those "video game movie campy" catergories either...this film at times sticks to the games and goes one further...if anything I think they should look at the film and use it to make the next Hitman game (if they ever do and i hope they do) and use some of the tactics from the film.

Timothy Olyphant...I will be honest, I never thought he would pull it off...but remember how everyone said Daniel Craig couldnt do James Bond? Well Timothy IS Agent 47...simple as! The guy kicks ass, he doesnt get emotionally attached, certainly likes to crack a joke now and then...but overall the guy was fanstastic...it felt like I was watching the little film clips that they have in the games before u actually play...only longer and sooo much better...

And of course your lovely lady will enjoy it...there were plenty of women in the cinema...so its not just for the lads...if ur missus likes it...take her to see it...:biggrin

6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I loved it. Loved the game product placement at the start.

Overall, it played out a bit like the games it has to be said. Be forewarned though, theres breasts in it. Great for us guys, but you might get hit by the missus.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I love the games, theres nothing better than getting past loads of guards then killing the target then escaping without no one seeing.

The movie looks quite good I would like to see it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

u had to go and tell them that didnt u? thats why I didnt mention the boobs!! now u gone and done it...if he tells the missus she will never let him go and see it...:twisted: :biggrin so happy im single...but ur saying that he might hit by the missus...there were plenty of women watching it in the cinema last nite and im sure a few them were into the whole boobs thing lol...besides its not like the lads were going to spring at the screen...

9. Fergal1982

I almost lost my popcorn! :biggrin

My missus didnt mind too much. Depends on the women really. Hell, my ex would have loved it.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  10. Fergal1982

I meant to say - fans of Dark Angel pay particular attention to the opening sequence

11. greenbrucelee

The hotel trailer looks a lot like the last level of Contracts.

I have heard rumors that there is supposed to be a sequel to Blood Money next year but Eidos are going to do Kane and Lynch 2 first apparently.

12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

No they need to do more Hitman...honestly the film has made me wana play my Blood Money copy more...and even use some of the tactics that were used in the film...:biggrin

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I saw the Hotel scene on overdrive channel on the web and was amazed by the film. saw the trailer last night and going to see the film next week..sweet:biggrin:p

HITMANMOVIE

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  14. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Am I right in thinking the HITMAN is not a clone unlike the game?? I know he's got the barcode on the back of the head, but guy at work said they changed the story and didn't use clones??:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  15. greenbrucelee

Yes they do need to make more Hitman, there needs to be a sequel to Bloodmoney because of the storyline (don't want to spoil it for anyone) and what happened at the end.

The only hitman game I have never played was the firstone, but I loved Silent Assassin because it was hard, I also loved Contracts but it was easier than Silent Assassin, Blood Money took it to a whole new level.

I just love it when you work it all out and can get SA rating on every level. :)

As soon as I can I am going to watch the film.

16. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yeah im the same...I didnt get the first one either...i only started playing it cos I got Silent Assassin for free with a sound card nearly 4yrs ago...and then I got contracts and then Blood Money...I need to get into Blood Money more...cos I loved Contracts and SA...

17. greenbrucelee

if you want any tips on how to do any level on bloodmoney with SA rating let me know because I am the master 8)

18. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

why thank u...I shall do that :biggrin

19. greenbrucelee

If I remember correctly, level 4 where you have to get the micro film and kill the guy is the one with the most variations on getting silent assassin.

20. Node

Node Byte Poster

never played the game, but saw the movie and loved it!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE,