High Download Speeds

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Apr 3, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

since I moved into my new flat...I started doing some downloads from me torrent sites...and my god the speed :eek: ....its a 2Mb connection which is shared with one of the other guys upstairs...I have done the port forwarding so the router allows me to download the torrents...and since I done that, the lowest speed I have had for a torrent download has been about 90KB/s...last nite I was downloading a near 750MB file and it came down at over 230KB/s....which took just over 1hr and 15min to download...when i was in Aberdeen, the highest speed was abou 90KB/s on a good day...bearing in mind there is no cable internet in Aberdeen...so I guess I can say I am darn happy to be back and in this flat...I sure anit going nowhere now...just thought I would let u guys know...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I'm on 2mbit and nearly always get a nice 240k!

At the county council, where I work, the highest download speed i've had was a torrent at 1.42Mbytes a second...nice...very nice!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...