Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by BKataora, Feb 8, 2015.

1. BKataora

BKataora New Member

Hello All I am Bobby,

I actually signed up for CertForums several years ago but never really made proper use of the site. On reviewing old emails regarding IT certification I came across mails for this site again.

Im back in the game to update and maybe start new certifications after several years.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Welcome back then :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. BKataora

BKataora New Member

Thanks Simon.
    Im sure the site will help me make the decisions I need to continue my IT Career.

4. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Welcome back. Which certification are you looking at going for first?

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Welcome I randomly decided to also login today, quiet round here it seems.

6. BKataora

BKataora New Member

Hello all.

Im not sure what to go for. I work as a dba so I thought to update those exams but the ITIL ones also seem relevant these days.

7. rocdamike

The ITIL Foundation doesn't take too much time to study as long as you're organised. I would say 1-2 weeks is all that is needed.

Welcome back. How's everything? Haven't heard from you in a while.

8. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Hi :)

Likewise, lets get this party started! :cheers:clap

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  9. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Not bad Mike I started my small food business its going ok haven't been in a loss and made decent profit. When I first opened it I was making £500 profit per week but as the novelty has worn off with customers I make around half that :( I did kind of continue with IT as I became more interested when I stopped studying towards certs and learnt for fun. Managed to fix a few PCs and now learning more about OS and have an exam booked for March.

10. rocdamike

Juelz, that's really quite admirable that you have started your own business as well as making a profit! Keep up the good work :)

With regards to IT and studying for certs, I think you've hit the nail right on the head i.e. learn for fun. That's what I try and do when I study. Of course, we all have goals, deadlines and a limited time to study. However, I find that I learn best without adding the unnecessary pressure.

I tend to book my exam in the final week when I feel that I am ready. I know that some people prefer to book the exam way in advance to give them motivation. It would be interesting to hear what everyone else's approach to booking exams is.

11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome back!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  12. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome back to the fold :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  13. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Well I'm currently going through the Microsoft official course book for the 98-349, I have my exam booked for early March but I'm happy to push it back as I may not get through all the material as Im busy at work,fatherhood etc. I plan to use a the week free trial of CBT nuggets too then I will move onto Network fundamentals which I'm looking forward to.. I may just buy the book to read and not really go for the cert.