Hi!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by George, May 22, 2013.

1. George

George New Member

Hi guys and gals!
    I'm on an apprenticeship at the moment, studying for my a+ and network + and MCSA Win7, i also dabble in linux in my free time (albeit im quite new at it and the terminal is a daunting object!). I'm about to (hopefully) embark along the path towards becoming CCNA and further!
    Looking to get my hands on some old cisco hardware (switches etc) to get the networking knowledge up to par! But i guess thats for another thread.
    I currently run an HP microserver (thank you £100 cashback!) with esxi and ubuntu installed. I did try my hand with ubuntu server but like i said terminal = daunting and it feels like a cop out to use a gui!
    anyways, glad to be a part of certforums... many questions to follow!

WIP: Comptia A+, Network+, MCSA Win 7
  2. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Nibble Poster

Hello and welcome aboard George! :thumbleft

I'm on a similar route myself, doing them one at a time in a slightly different order though! I'd like to look at Linux+ but to be realistic I doubt I'll have a chance at that until I complete the more Microsoft-centric pathways as it's the priority.

Certifications: ECDL, ECDL Expert | Cisco ITE | CompTIA Strata, A+ | Microsoft MTA Operating System, MTA Server Administration | CCNA Exploration
    WIP: CompTIA Network+ | Microsoft MCSA Windows 7, Server 2012 | Cisco CCENT, CCNA
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi both...

Sure there are many around that can help with your Q's on CompTIA exams.
    Need any help with client-side MS cert info and I'll be happy to help............. :)

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Welcome!

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  6. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

welcome

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: MD-100