Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Ashenmaster, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Ashenmaster

Ashenmaster New Member

Hi everyone, my name is Ashenmaster and I joined after deciding to retrain into the IT field after having some good experiences in the past, guess I'm joining mostly to get some direction and advice on how best to proceed on getting myself certified.
    I'm looking to self study and have really found a lot of the posts very useful. Looking forward to learning a bit about this and hopefully contributing.

2. Gunner81

Gunner81 Bit Poster

Welcome to CF! :)

Certifications: A+, MCP (70-270)
    WIP: Network+, MCITP
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Hi Ashen!
    If you give some details about what you've done, and where you're aiming to go, I'm sure someone will be able to give you some useful ideas.

Welcome

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  5. Ashenmaster

Ashenmaster New Member

Well I haven't done a huge amount experience wise, built one or two PC's for myself and done basic maintenance such as cleaning and component replacement, had a little bit of experience on an IT practitioner course but gave it up after about 3 months. I also volunteered for about 9 months on an IT help desk for my local college and done a bit of over the phone diagnosis as well as rolling out a few workstation upgrades. I'm now looking at getting back into IT after a year or so of trying to get in with web design and development and so I'm just looking for some general advice on what skills to improve and what jobs to look for as well as what route to take with certification for the time being. I know about getting CompTIA A+ and N+ and am self-studying for this but I'm wondering what route to take from there?

6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  7. Mr D

Mr D New Member

Hi,

Welcome to certforums :)

WIP: MCTS 70-680