Hi ^^

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Cibaras, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Cibaras

Cibaras New Member

hi, I'm Barron Raphael 20 years of agem i'm having difficulty getting a grip into the computer world not because i don't know what i'm doing but because i lack qualifications, i've been using computers for a very long period of my life and i'm very comfertable with them, only thing is i've had the worst luck when it comes down to the education system, Plus my own lazy attidude towords everything but thats enought of that.

I'd like some advise as to getting myself settle in the computing word if that's possible alot to read and to ask i apologise, i've been looking up courses with Just IT and Advent also many others but i'd rather get counsil befor diving head into it all.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

You should look at compTIA A+ as for your first certification whilst looking for a job. You could go for a training company but they charge a lot of money and they usually put you on a course where you are being taught certs that can over certify you and make it harder for you to get a job.

or

you could self study, that is getting the books yourself and learning and practicing the material. Then taking the exam or exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Cibaras

Cibaras New Member

I've been looking into doing compTIA A+ for the last few weeks and always ending up on sites like advent and Justit the self studie option is open to me as i'll probley find it easy, but none the less i want to know my otions before i do anything

4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. Cibaras

Cibaras New Member

thank you guys for the welcoms :) i hope you guys can help me like i will try to help you in the near future.

Cookie anyone?

7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums…

8. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Hi Cibaras, welcome to CF :D

I think most of us on here would advise against TP's (Not that I've had any experience with them, I'm just getting along great with self study and that's a hell of a lot cheaper :D), don't know if you'd consider a course at your local college? If you need a bit of a push to get studying that might be a good way to go?

Good luck anywho...:)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Gotta break yourself of that if you want to be in IT... I speak from experience when I say that the IT folks with lazy attitudes are the ones who never get promoted, and ultimately end up doing the same job for years on end at the same salary. They either stagnate there, or they end up quitting.

IT isn't all wine and roses. It takes quite a bit of studying to stay on top of your game. If you don't, you'll end up becoming as obsolete as the technologies you know how to support.

That said, it's a very rewarding career. If you enjoy computers, and you enjoy studying, you'll do quite well in IT. I wish you the best of luck!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Cibaras

Cibaras New Member

I use to be lazy but am kicking the habbit, i'll guess i'll try the self studie option thanks lads and lasses :)

11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's the spirit! :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Good to hear, If i were you id get the A+ mike meyers book and take and read it everywhere you go, read on lunch breaks, on the bus/train (if thats how you commute), when your on the loo, just basically become obsessed with learning and the prospect of a great career thanks to your new improved attitude :)

Best of luck

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal