Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dr0g0, Mar 9, 2008.

1. dr0g0

dr0g0 New Member

Hello everyone. I am new member of this forum.Just to introduce myself. I am a IT manager for a law firm and run a network of five servers runnig Windows Sever 2003 Std, MS Exchange 2003, MS SQL 2005, and a custom case management system. I manage all of the IT infrastructure on my own and whilst at times its a huge challenge .. I thoroughly enjoy my job, three years has past since I started and I have worked my way up to my present career by hard work and self learning.

My first experience of a computer was a Sinclair ZX80, and since then I have had many from the ZX81, Vic20, C64, Spectrum, Spectrum 128+, Commodore Amiga 500, Amiga 1200, Amiga 4000 and then onto my first PC which had a 486 SX-25 ...

My hobbies of course include computing as this is how I have manage to learn and work myself up the IT ladder from basic desktop support, then onto network support and now to IT manager all within different companies. When I am not working or home working, I enjoy watching the formula 1, and boxing. I am a keen games player although these days its hard to find time, but where possible I play online on the 360 and PS3.

I am current looking at the world of virtualisation and what an interesting world this looks. Like many people on this forum I have setup virtual networks and I am amazed at the technology we have available at our finger tips ...

Where possible I will share any knowledge I have to help others, and look forward to what I learn from here.

Thanks for reading

Dr0g0

:D

2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Hello & Welcome to CF.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds similar to my list of old computers!

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome aboard …:sunny

9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. twobellies

twobellies Bit Poster

Hi and welcome. I am sure yopu will be an asset to the forum......

Tom:thumbleft:D

Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+ N+
  12. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF! 8)