Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by motoko, Sep 10, 2007.

1. motoko

motoko New Member

Just a quick one to hi to everyone.

I did my CCNA at amy local Cisco Networking Academy but they aren't doing a CCNP course anymore because of lack of numbers.

I'm looking to get my CCNP and was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing this using distance learning?

Regards,

Motoko

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome :D

I havent done any cisco stuff myself but when some people on here start to reply youll see some people have self studied not through distance learning but just buying the books and studying.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Which country are you living in? The reason for asking is The Open University are planning on offering a CCNP course in the future.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to the nut house :) Ive not done ccna but having done a tutored mcse course i would seriously recomend doing the self study process, buy books and play at ti yourself.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I've also done CCNA last year, but through school. CCNA can be achieved through self study. Like GBL said there are a few folks here who achieved it through self study.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Another vote for self-study.

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :) !

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. motoko

motoko New Member

Thanks for the input guys, I've decided to go down the self-study route.

The main thing that was putting me off this was the fact that I didn't have acces to to a cisco lab - from my ccna i know you can't beat playing with the gear and seeing what happens.

My office would get a bit miffed with me if I play around with the work lan.

I've now got a routersim which appears to work really well so I'll you all know how i get on.

Thanks,

Motoko

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I dont think you will regret self studying as you will save money and wont be tied down to a time limit.

Good Luck :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Greetings :sunny

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  11. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF mokoto and glad to hear that you choosed the right study route self study.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell