Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by fi, Apr 23, 2007.

1. fi

fi New Member

Hello everyone.I'm Fi and I'm after some help please?
    I've tried all sorts of things to try and sort this problem to no avail!

When I open Outlook Express I have an Orange search tool bar page covering the Outlook page so I can't view messages/page.I can only access mail, through OE,by searching for messages!! It's driving me mad! Any ideas where its appeared from and more improtantly how to get rid of it?

I've tried restores,deleting OE and reloading,tried all the view options,tried highlighting and deleting the tool bar-zilch!

Thank-you
    Fi

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

First of all, welcome to CF, glad you joined.

As for your problem with OE, would you be able to post a screen shot of OE as I'm not sure what you mean. BTW, I take it that you've gone into add/remove programs and have actually uninstalled the toolbar?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

Like Ken said, post us up a screenshot. 8)

4. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

'Start'->run->msconfig and stop orange toolbar service
    and/or untick the bo next to it in the startup tab

that should help

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  5. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

And welcome to CF

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  6. fi

fi New Member

Thank-you,Headache.Your icon is how I feel with OE at mo!

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

oh yes and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Deleting OE is always a good option. :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. fi

fi New Member

Hi all

Thanks for all your suggestions.Just back from work and back out again in a mo so I'll try tomorrow.
    Thanks again
    Fi

11. fi

fi New Member

Hi
    I hope I've done this ok? Screen print of OE page as an attachment? Sorry if I'm being thick?
    I don't use orange,I've still got V21 heading and why have I got a tool bar/web page on top of OE anyway??? View attachment toolbar.doc

12. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Hey Fi,

This should help

(The bit that says how do I uninstall Spam fighter?)

Ooh, and welcome!:biggrin

Leah

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  13. fi

fi New Member

Morning all

Thanks again for your help.Unfortunately Leah, uninstalling spamfighter didn't work. Deleting OE doesn't work /affect it at all and the toolbar isn't listed on programs for me to delete it-its really wierd?! The V21 bit bugs me too as it isn't listed as my provider now?
    I can see that OE screen is behind the orange toolbar page but can't access it. Is it really wierd or am I being particularly thick?

Fi

14. fi

fi New Member

I just tried searching for orange toolbar in the search option but nothing !

15. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Greetings fi and Welcome to CF:biggrin

What version of Office are you running?

Have a look in the help menu and select about option. What version does it show is it like the screen shot below?

Attached Files:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  16. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Can you remember what you were doing on the computer before this started happening?

Have you ran antivirus and spyware programs with upto date definitions on there?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  17. fi

fi New Member

Hi and thank-you

It's Office 2000 and yes ,I get that screen.?
    Fi

18. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Download/Update/Run Adaware SE and Sybot S&D (not both at the same time though). If that doesnt work, try googling Trend Micro "housecall", which is a web based malware scanner. You could also try CCleaner's "issues" option to see if it spots anything in the registry that shouldnt be there. Run CCleaner anyway, after running a virus/adware scan. This will make sure that any registry entries are deleted after the adware has been delated by the virus scanners, otherwise the orange bar will simply load back into system memmory again at the next system restart.

The only thing i can think of if they dont work is to start deleting registry keys, but this is a bit dangerous if your not possitive what you are doing.

Good Luck

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  19. fi

fi New Member

Hello all

No,sorry I can't remember what i was doing when it happened.It happened some time ago and when I couldn't fix it I just thought -I'll manage without OE but I now want to pass this on to someone who doesn't know computers and I think OE is the easiest way for her to do learn email etc.
    I've tried the Trend Micro and Spybot etc but it hasn't worked.I have just tried Windows registry repair too but .....no good. Thanks for all your suggestions. It looks like I might just have to get her to use OUtlook instead. Its annoying tho'-I hate being beaten!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'll keep checking just in case anyone thinks of something.

20. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

If your passing it on to someone else, then you could always just do a clean install, its probably better in the longrun anyway if you have personal info on there, and it will sort the problem out.:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house