Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by ajs1544, Aug 3, 2006.

1. ajs1544

ajs1544 New Member

Just thought i would say hi to everyone and say what a great forum. I had started to research for a good course to do a MCDST either fast track or home learning but came across this forum whilst searching.

I have worked on an IT helpdesk before about 2 years ago,for a 5 yr period and am looking to return, but feel I should also get the right qualifications as im reaching the big 40 next year.

After finding the forum I followed the link for the microsoft site giving free exam prepartion for the MCDST exams . I was pleasantly suprised to find on the first section for the 70-271 I knew almost 80% of the answers.

My question being now will I need to pay loads for a 5 day course or as I am thinking can I continue with some books etc which have been suggested on this forum and continue home study/ refreshing.... and should I first take the A+ - Network+ before taking my MCDST...??

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF!

I would think you heading towards the MCSE right? Then i think the Network+ after the MCDST. I suggest since this is your first certification you get the 2 *best* books IMO for the MCDST this and this

Now if you can get a PC to play with and mess around with that will be great! And thats all you need to study MCDST. If you got some extra money i suggest go for www.transcender.com - they testing software and very good!

Just shout if you need help because i did both exams fairly recently - good luck!:biggrin

PS you dont need to pay loads to learn and get certified! Just remember that!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Greetings and Welcome to CF :biggrin