hi tryna get graphic cert

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by klown, Oct 22, 2008.

1. klown

klown New Member

hey everyone klown here im new to the forum . i came on here cuz im a graphic design but only with hands on experience i am currently trying to get certified cuz my skill is self taught mainly use photoshop did a bit of illustrator and did a bit of html and dreamweaver as well . i was tryng to get a part time course at one of the colleges and stumbled upon bickenhall college for computer they phone me back right away . the course that interested me is photoshop and flash its a 5 week course 3 hours a day 2 days a week it cost 650 what do u guys think have u ever heard of them before are they realy internationally acredited coure starts next week please give me some advce asap thanks

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

In my experience no employer is interested in certs for graphic design. What they *do* want to see is a portfolio. So if you have done a pile of work then show it to prospective employers. It will do you far more good than a cert from a college that nobody has heard of!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome :)

Please no text speak thanks :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What he said. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. klown

klown New Member

thanks guys i know that im just trying to get my portfolio together but i would still like to get a gud graphic design course to just touch up on my skilll thier mayb be easier ways of doing som of the things i do ect different skills and methods

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Keep in mind that everything you post on the web is visible to potential employers, particularly with regards to Web design... I'd recommend using proper punctuation, capitalization, and spelling. Just sayin'. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Pardon?

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. RKM_LOL

RKM_LOL New Member

This college is the worse college i have attended. I enrolled on the A+, MCSE and CCNA course at the cost of approx £2000. At my initial contact with the college - the course advisor advised me that the course is not a fast track course - and is attended for people who have little or no experience with computers. i still quote "everything will be explained and showed this course is attended for people like you". At my first day of college 2 people walked out of the course with the poorly organised structure to the course and with the tutor who could barely speak english - even when we could understand him - it was just him reading through the text book - no practical lessons were shown and a cost of nearly £600 per course thats at least they could have down. Even some of there equipment wasn't working. I tried to get a refund on the other 2 courses i signed up for but advise me that the agreement that i signed does not allow the college to do this - Bloody thiefs i say!!!. So to be quite frank do not enroll in this college just buy the books and read it at home - because you will get no help from the tutors on this course..

10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

That's bad. Especially bad considering your English isn't that great either.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em