Hi to all!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by alexdc12, Dec 7, 2010.

1. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Hi my mate has recommended me to you! I am currently working in the construction trade but am looking to turn back to IT. When i was 14/15 i was real good with computers had done clean installs, setup networks, made computers and fixed many problems most of which i self taught. i left school and went onto our local college to do a 2year GNVQ Advanced IT Course which on the whole i think was crap and it sort of threw me off the IT Trail, now im kickin myself for not carrying on though! Im looking at possibly a MCSA/MCSE i would like some opinions on the best way to go about this. I have to carry on working as i got a family to support but am willing to put in the work, i seen a lot of sites offering the training but i think its all probably overpriced, it normally is!
    Thanks in advance!:)

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Been reading through the forum and am gonna do the CompTia A+ then progess to N+ hope this is the right way to go about things! any opinions will be greatly recieved thanks!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds like you've read the right posts! ;)

Props to you for searching for it rather than waiting for someone to repeat what's already been posted a hundred times. I'll be honest - that bodes well for you, because being able to find information on your own is one of the best skills an IT tech can have.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Good Luck with the studies, I left College with a Diploma in IT but never put it to use. So now I am starting again with the A+ N+. Sorry I never tried to get into IT at a younger age. Hopefully in the new year I will find a new job in the industry.

:D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

6. J.Hinds

J.Hinds Nibble Poster

Welcome to the forums, and good luck on your journey! :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: MCSA (Server)