Hi There

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Simms, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Simms

Simms New Member

Hello everyone :cheers I'm looking to get into the IT industry as a programmer. I been looking into doing the MSAD. I contacted Computeach and have had a salesman come round already but have been put off going onto their course through reading too many horror stories. I have had previous but limited experience of working in IT for a couple of ISP's, through working on their helpdesks for around 4 years.

I started working in a totally different field but I am finding that it is not for me :( thus I am looking to go back into IT but something more technical.

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Simms. Welcome to CF. Good luck on achieving your goals. Hope we can help. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and welcome, Simms - hope we can help. :)

btw, you lasted 4 years on Helpdesk - jeez !!! :blink

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

5. Simms

Simms New Member

Yeah its a long time to be putting up with the shite I took :oops: . BTW I done 3 years with one company and then 1.5 with another not that it makes it look any better :blink

6. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums, Simms! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  7. jackbauer

jackbauer Bit Poster

welcome simms

i hope that we can be of help to you even though i dont know much about programming :oops: (except maybe VB) but i think that everyone at certforums could help you get what you need, when you need it just ask. 8)

Cheers... and good luck with MSAD... :biggrin

Certifications: NVQ3 for IT Professionals.
    WIP: ITP, N+, Security +, CCNA, MCP
  8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to CF mate :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day from me too 8)

I am sure you will find all the help and information you need right here, as well as a ton of other silly stuff that will make you groan, chuckle and lol from time to time!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. sneezie

sneezie Nibble Poster

Welcome :)

Have you considered self-study? It might be daunting if you have no previous knowledge of coding but it is still possible to teach yourself programming! That's what I'm doing, I get to save so much money. There are lots of great books and resources available on the internet.

For example, Microsoft has some video lessons on using Visual Studio
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/beginner/default.aspx

You can download or order the free Visual Studio 2005 beta programme. My free CD arrived this week, and it contains a video training CD, which is really helpful.

I only did a tiny bit of VB at uni and have absolutely no experience of C# or any of the C languages. But using books, online resources and the training videos...I find C# so easy, well not easy, but I mean it's so easy to teach myself. :p

The future is Microsoft.net in terms of software development.
    so if your really determined to get into programming, I'm sure you'll be able to get a job and earn good money. I'm confident that I can find a job once I get my MCAD, without the help of training providers offering assistance in helping me get a job, I'm sure you can too :biggrin

But of course, self-study is not for everyone. Some people do prefer having teachers, support and guidance. Do whatever u think is most suitable. :)

Best of luck!!! :D

Certifications: Degree
    WIP: MCAD in vb.net
  11. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

welcome to the forums mate! :tongue

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  12. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF! Since you have limited or no experience in programming how bout learning one of the *easier* languages like Visual Basic first...i covered quite a bit of programming but nothing on the .Net platform sorry. Ill reccommend some reading if you want and alot of them come with trial versions of MS compiliers:

Visual Basic for Dummies

Then once you mastered that move onto C++:

C++ for Dummies

I used both books during my HND at college and I can tell you they are very good..

Good Luck! :thumbleft

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  13. Simms

Simms New Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone. In my original post I meant MCAD rather than MSAD :newbie :oops: