Hi there

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by GetITCertJoe, Nov 6, 2010.

1. GetITCertJoe

GetITCertJoe New Member

Hello fellow ITers :)

How are we all. My name is Joe and Im from Edinburgh. Have my own PC Repair Business, and I also go round businesses fixing computers and installing, configuring and troubleshooting networks. I recently gained my CTT+ and would like to start a new website that supplies training materials such as videos and guides and obviously support for all students. This is completely new to me the whole setting up of this kind of thing but im up for the challenge.

If you have any ideas or help on the setting up phase, like do i need to be a partner with CompTia Microsoft CIW etc...

My main worry is I don't want to be decertified, so what can i do to make sure this doesn't happen?

Thanks guys

And hope to meet u all soon

Take care
    Joe

Certifications: A+ N+ CTT+ MCDST
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

No you don't need to be a partner.

You have two things to avoid if you want to stay legitimate. Firstly do not post braindumps on your site, secondly make sure you are not posting any copyrighted material on there. Bear in mind that the vast majority of stuff on the internet is not in the public domain and therefore is copyrighted.

In other words, *you* should be the creator of the content, then it is your IP (intellectual property).

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. GetITCertJoe

GetITCertJoe New Member

So basically i should be fine with creating training material for the certs as long as it is my own. That should be ok as im creating some just now for A+ 2009. Is there any certs that you think material is lacking and could do with better training? Also would anyone be interested in working with me on this, if you are post me your email and ill post you what i have in mind :)

Speak soon

Joe

Certifications: A+ N+ CTT+ MCDST