hi i have a prob with PDF files

Discussion in 'Software' started by mynew2, Mar 14, 2008.

1. mynew2

mynew2 Bit Poster

hi,

when i get a PDF file i will print it and it prints out a blank page but when i e-mail it to someone else they can print is out with no probs any help would be nice thanks

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

A little detail would help. How are you trying to print them?

Which version of the reader are you using, and can you see them OK in that?

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

What's more, pdf-files can be protected or better say restricted in a variaty of ways.
    The creator can tell the reader (that is acrobat reader) not the copy, print, edit and so on.
    If you look in "document - security - show security properties" you will see how the creator secured his file.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. mynew2

mynew2 Bit Poster

right i have some info for yous now we are useing acrobat reader 5.0, i know what you are saying about setting but the lady e-mailed to me and i can print it fine no prob but when she prints she just gets a blank white page print out, although we can see the page fine when we open it

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Can you print anything else?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. mynew2

mynew2 Bit Poster

yeah she can i have just found it is when she prints to one printer but other people can print to it

7. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Could you use interpunction so we can actually see where one line ends and the second begins? It is very hard (far me at least) to understand what you are saying.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Err, is their toner in the printer?

Seriously though, can you print out any other pdfs on *your* printer? 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

We have this problem at home, some documents will print out OK from the desktop but not from the laptop - from what I've worked out (but haven't implemented it yet) it was down to the printer drivers.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ummm... Acrobat Reader v 5 is at least seven years old - AT LEAST seven - so I'd suggest upgrading to something that was released a little more recently. If that doesn't work for you, try Foxit - a bloatware-free no-cost Firefox extension

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  11. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

Firstly move to the lastest version of adobe reader, its a free download and is to attain from the adobe site.

secondly, can you print other PDF's from your computer? is it a problem with that one or all?

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  12. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

When you go to print the file, on the config window that opens up click the Advanced button (bottom left corner) and then check the Print as image checkbox and see if that helps.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  13. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Could you post the link to that extension? I searched but didn't find that exact title (or a combination of titles).

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  15. mynew2

mynew2 Bit Poster

thanks
    that worked a treat and thanks to everyone else we will be upgrading to the new version within the next week

one more thing can you set that as default to open as a image or do you have to check the box every time

thanks once again

16. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It will stay as configured until you clear the checkbox.

17. mynew2

mynew2 Bit Poster

great thanks for you help