HI, I am Cymba. can you offer some info

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cymba, Mar 2, 2011.

1. cymba

cymba New Member

I have reviewed the material in CCNA Security a couple of times and now I am ready for test preparations. can you tell me of the best practice exam engines for this test? Thanks in advance.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Why not download some demos and see which you like the best from the best practice exam providers like www.boson.com www.Transcender.com and www.preplogic.com

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. cymba

cymba New Member

Thank you for your reply. What do you guys think aboout pxxx4xxxx. what attracts me to them is that they suppose to have a 16 part security lab. I wonder if anyone here ever tried it out is it any good?

Thanks for your help

4. greenbrucelee

pxxxx4xxxx are ok but if you want the best quality then I would recommend Boson.

5. cymba

cymba New Member

very cool, I already have a boson account. i did download the demo for the 640-553 it appeared to be challenging. Thanks for your reply...

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Eh? P4S is definitely NOT OK... it's a braindump! :blink

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. greenbrucelee

:oops: am I getting it mixed up with one of the 4sure providers thats ok then? I am pretty sure there is one that certguard say is ok.

8. cymba

cymba New Member

I see alot of people blog about how great the material is. I am not one to try to memorize questions. I cant test like that, but I do want a simliar feel to what I will experience in the exam room. i have covered the ccna security material multiple times and continue to review the material, however i do want test preps that are going to be close to what I see in the exam room. they claim to have a lab simulator, do you think that is a braindump as well?
    Thanks for your input.

9. BosonMichael

To my knowledge, there isn't one.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. greenbrucelee

Maybe I dreamed it :D

11. BosonMichael

Doesn't matter whether they claim to have a "lab simulator" or not... they're still a braindump: link. Even if they've got a lab simulator, the questions in their lab simulator are likely copied from the live exam.

If you don't want to cheat and risk getting decertified by using braindumps, stick with legit exam providers, such as Transcender, Self Test, MeasureUp, PrepLogic, or my employer, Boson.

Not trying to be a salesman, but Boson's ExSim Max for CCNA Security includes lab simulations. Even better, it was written by BosonJosh, who is a member of this forum... so you've got direct access to the author who created the questions.

Hope this helps clear things up for you.

12. greenbrucelee

If you are like me then you should feel a great sense of achievment by knowing that you have passed an exam by hard work and determination rather than passing because you knew what questions you would get.

For some people they can pass exams really easily without doing much work even if they have very little experience, some people have to work hard to pass exams. I fall into the latter but I would rather pass an exam knowing I had worked at it rather than pass it because I cheated.