hi guys

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by arj7, Mar 25, 2010.

1. arj7

arj7 Nibble Poster

Hey everyone I have been on the site a few months now and have found it really useful, Ive been looking for work since i graduated last year and I have the opportunity to get on a grad program at HP at Gosport near Portsmouth has anyone applied or does anyone know someone who works here?
    Im a bit apprehensive of shifting all the way from the North West but I havent had much luck finding jobs round here so I think that it would be foolish not to try.
    Thanks for everyones help on here, I will get a date for the assessment and let you know.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Hi mate, well done on the new job.

Speaking as someone who has moved country to get work I have to say go for it, at one point in my life I could quite simply drop everything and move to where ever the next job took me (it took me 10 days from speaking to the recruiter to starting a new job in Luxembourg), I have moved across the UK from places such as Cambridge, London, Basingstoke and Surrey, basically where ever there was work I moved to it.

Now being married and having a child has meant that I have roots down so it's a lot harder to simply move for the job, so I would honestly say whilst you can, do it.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Are you APPLYING for the Grad Scheme or have you already been accepted? if it is the former, then it may hinder your chances living so far away (and Grad Schemes are packed with applications as you already know. The one my friend applied for had over a 1500 applications). But the alternative is that you move without a job in place.

If you have it already, then get gone and do it you muppet :-) HP could say Jump to me and I would say how high.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  5. arj7

arj7 Nibble Poster

Basically my Cv was on HP's database and i got a phone call saying i would be suitable for the role I didnt apply as such they found me. My main thing is moving away its a big step for me to be that far away but like you said I probably will go for it.