Hi Guys & Girls

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by noblejr, Apr 25, 2009.

1. noblejr

noblejr New Member

Hi Everbody I'm Robin,

I have been selling PC's for the last twenty odd years - starting with 5 1/4" disk drive, 128MB Ram & DOS. I never gained any qualifications and am thinking that at my stage of life, 50's, I need a change. I did try programming in Pascal & Java a few years ago but lost interest. With the C Crunch it pays to have another string to your bow so the idea of certification appeals to me.

I responded to an advert by Advent Computer Training who came on a little strong, I just wanted to know what other users thought of them and e - academy in Cardiff. Would they recommend and what are the likely costs of A+.

Anyway I think I will go away and read some more comments by more experienced users before committing and hard earned cash.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

To be honest, my opinion, is since you've already got the experience try either the self-study route (get yourself a copy of Mike Meyers AiO and PC Technician Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to CompTIA A+ Skills then do the exams at any Prometric or Vue testing centre) or contact your local college to see if they do the iPro/A+ combined award.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685