Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by CronicNeurotic, Mar 27, 2011.

1. CronicNeurotic

CronicNeurotic New Member

I just came across these forums whilst looking for some generic list of queries and problems that people get at 1st line help desk support. I have been trying to get into IT now for about three months and i have an interview tomorrow for a position with a well known bank at 1st line help desk. I am really excited about the job and i have been doing a little brushing up on things over the net. This looks like a good resource and community so wish me luck for tomorrow and i hope to get to know some of you and get some great help and support too.

Thanks

2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF, you have come to the right place to ask questions and get information. There are a lot of knowlegable people on this forum who can help.

Also good luck with Interview. :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! and good luck with the interview tomorrow!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome & good luck:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome and good luck!

8. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF. :) Oh and good luck. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  9. CronicNeurotic

Hi well i passed the job interview but they froze recruitment and i got another sales job, did that for a month and then i got an email offering me the it job so i started on Monday. All very very basic support with a knowledge base to use in case you don't know the fix. Guess we all have to start somewhere.

So the plan is save up some money move out go to Russia for a wedding then save up for some books teach my self and get some certificates sorted so i can start applying for 2nd line.

10. CronicNeurotic

Right so i have been working now for Lloyds Banking Group since March and things have been going well just though i would update here because i will post in the normal forums from now on. At the moment i am looking to move somewhere else for better pay and using different systems to build up my experience so anyone looking to get into IT do what i did. Find somewhere that doesn't offer the greatest pay but gives you the opportunity to do overtime and build your experience from there then get certified as you go along.

11. doctor117

doctor117 New Member

Hello guys!

12. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hello and a belated welcome to CF:) and thanks for sharing your experience. Best wishes in your career progression.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell