Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by ICEMAN, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ICEMAN

ICEMAN Bit Poster

Hello eveyone.

I have been browsing the forums for a while now, and thought Id take the plunge the register.

About to start my new job working for an IT company on the helpdesk.

Looking some gain some solid experience first hopefully move up to second line continue.

Really just looking for any advice really, where can I go from working on a helpdesk etc?

Very interested in the microsoft certifications and have been looking at the MCDST etc

Any advice would be really helpful

Thanks

WIP: CCNET
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

After building up experience on the helpdesk, perhaps you can move up into actual desktop administration. After some time doing desktop administration, you should try to get some server administration experience, and after that, network administration and design experience. But now we're looking way into the future. Take your time and get some solid experience under your belt.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!