Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cuddlyhubby, Feb 25, 2009.

1. cuddlyhubby

cuddlyhubby New Member

Long Distance Lorry Driver, had enough.
    I started fixing family and friends computers about a year ago, self taught ( still miss my spectrum 48K! HeHeHe!!).
    Just had a near heart attack when I found out how much some so called "Computer Training Companies" are charging so I got lots of stuff to read up on when I go away again (tomorrow night!).
    I should have checked first to see if there where any forums like this BRILLIANT one first.
    I'm not sucking up, just relieved that there is help for those of us who kind of know what we are doing, and don't want to be taken to the cleaners to turn a hobby into a living.
    Nice to be here, thanks!!:D:D:D

Certifications: LGV C+E, ADR, HIAB
    WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome:)

Remember you dont actually have to go with a training company you can do it on your own:)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Welcome to the forums :)

In your position, buying some audio training might be an ideal way to get your foot in the certification door. One of my long-distance truckie friends was bored on trips and often went to Germany, so I recommended that he get himself some Teach Yourself audio CDs to learn the lingo.

He loved the learning experience, and they (his customers) thought it was great he was putting in an effort to learn their language.

And you probably get a loooooooot of listening time on some of your journeys!!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. cuddlyhubby

cuddlyhubby New Member

Thanks guys, I take my laptop too. Just got "Testout" software, gonna take a look at that and get some audio stuff for the brief periods between sitting at distribution centres when I am driving. . Any Ideas???8)

5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Try here for some audio learning.
    I've never used these before so can't say how good they are, but they do offer samples to listen to.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Audio training are ok, just make sure it doesn't make you fall asleep at the wheel, so don't do too much in one go :)

Welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. cuddlyhubby

cuddlyhubby New Member

Thanks chaps. All ideas helpful, makes a change from listening to thrash metal I suppose. . . calm down, I only drive during the nights and its the only thing that keeps the blood pumping!!!:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

8. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

If i am driving at night and see some guy driving a lorry and head banging to the sound of Microsoft techs chanting about active directory i will speed off in the other direction:p

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  9. cuddlyhubby

cuddlyhubby New Member

It will be me!! :twisted::drummer::git::rocks
    HEE HEE HEE HEE!!!!!