Hi everybody!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Fire guy, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Fire guy

Fire guy Bit Poster

Hello all.

I've been browsing the forums for a week or so and just have to say what a helpful supportive bunch of people you are. :clap

I've been wanting to get in to IT for years now ever since I got my 1st hand me down computer from my mum about 8 years ago and realised I enjoyed playing about with it.
    The trouble is that I work in a pretty well payed job and to be honest I don't have to do many hours or work very hard either. So why leave this perfect job you ask? Well what it comes down to is that I've gone as far as I'm going to in this job and I'm getting a bit bored with it. The next step up is sales and I'm truly crap at that.

Well anyway this is the path that I'm hoping to take. I figure that the holy grail for employers is experience. You can have as many certifications as you want but the longer you spend doing them the more you are going to forget about what you have studied. With that in mind I plan to do the A+ and then try to get some experience with a local PC repair outfit. If it has to be unpaid then so be it I will do it in the evenings and the weekends.
    I have the phone No of a company a colleague did some work for. He did the A+ (paid £1000 for it) and phoned up a cpmpany he found in the yellow pages and asked if he could tag along with one of their engineers for the experience. When he told them that he was A+ certified they said that they were happy for him to work for them straight off, he didn't even meet anybody from the company! Anyway he did it for a couple of months but his pregnant wife started giving him a hard time so he gave it up. The moral of the story is to try as many firms as possible and you will get somewhere sooner or later.

Cheers

Ivan

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF Ivan, with an attitude like that you will go far 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Great intro, Ivan - a warm welcome to CF. Enjoy, and hope we can help :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF!:biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

hey welcome to CF! :)

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF Ivan!

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  8. The_Geek