Hi all :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Slav, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Slav

Slav New Member

Hi my name is Slawomir, i'm from Poland. English people call me Slav (easier for them ;) ). I've register here because i'm interested in geting certificates like MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, some Linux certs... So expect some questions from me very very soon.
    Best regards for all

2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome on board chap.

Do you work in IT currently?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Slav

Slav New Member

Unfortuantely not. I'll try to change that :)
    Few day ago i've contacted with "salesman" from computeach. He offered me CompTIA A+, MCDST, MCSA and MCSE for 1700 nearly. Here's his message:
    what do you thing about it?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  4. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

Stay away from them.That is my point about this. I did my A+ for around £600 and that includes PC to practice with, exam fees,books,video etc.MCDST cost me £300 including the exams and selftest software.
    Anyway just search the forum before you sign anything.Good luck.:D

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Considering you don’t work in IT yet I would advise that you don’t sign up for a string of certs that will take years to complete the right way.

Why not start the A+ (plenty of books available) and see if IT and studying is for you.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This is great advice. The MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, and higher-level certifications will not do you any good without experience. In truth, being overcertified can make it MORE difficult to get your first IT job.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with the above comments. Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Slav,

Welcome to CF.