Hi all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by nick101101, Apr 23, 2009.

1. nick101101

nick101101 New Member

Hello all, my names Nick.

Thought I'd introduce myself and say well done on having such a great site. Its so good and full of answer's I almost had no need not to register, thought I wouldn't be so rude though and say hi anyway :biggrin

After reading loads of the posts on here I've decided to take on the comptia a+ for my 1st cert. I do have one question though which is: Does anyone think it possible to pass these certs by simply watching the cbtnugget videos and professor messer's tutorials? The reason I ask is because I'm dyslexic and have grown up hating to read, I obviously can read I just dont like to. And I see a lot of the forum members recommend mike myer's all in one book, which would just kill me to have to read. I just don't learn from reading, I learn from hands on or being shown by a tutor.

I've had about 5 years IT experience, working part time for a friends company. And also my own little business maintaining and protecting friends and family and friends of friends and friends of family's home computers :biggrin I had quite a few people ringing me to sort out there day to day problems in the end, but think the credit crunch has slowed that right down at the moment. So thought I'd make my IT skill's official with some certs.

Well that's me, once again thanks for the great site.

Take care,

Nick.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

That and hands on practical experience, I don't see why not :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA