Hi all!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mattgrey, Oct 2, 2006.

1. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

Hi everyone, just signed up, been reading this forum for a few days now, thought it's time to become a member!

My name is Matt, been doing the odd bit of private work (desktop PC repair) for about 2 years now, in my own time after work. I got into it after friends recommended me to people who were having troubles, before I knew it I was in demand!

Having no formal qualifications I felt it time to go legit, so just started prepping for a A+. Reading through Mike Myers at the moment discovering lots about what I didn't know and some about what I do!?

Hoping to cover it about 6-8 weeks all going well. If I cover the whole book, cover to cover and know the content, will that be enough to pass the exam? Is it comprehensive enough?

So that's me! Thanks all for reading!:biggrin

Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+
  2. GmanUK

GmanUK Byte Poster

Welcome to CF Matt.

Which Mike Myers A+ volume are you using?

Certifications: CompTIA N+, Server+, CCSN, ITILv3 (f)
    WIP: MCITP Security
  3. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

Well it's one I bought about a year ago, all in one A+ cert. exam guide fifth edition?

Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+
  4. GmanUK

GmanUK Byte Poster

That's a good all in one editon. It covers all you need to know...but remember, more important than reading is DOING!! Try and read a bit and then do it and so on. The CompTIA exams are about understanding the questions as well as knowing the basic answers.

One more thing...remember that the objectives will change in April from the 2003 ones to the 2006 ones. Check out the CompTIA site for further info:

CompTIA A+ info

And calender end dates here

Certifications: CompTIA N+, Server+, CCSN, ITILv3 (f)
    WIP: MCITP Security
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF Matt. :biggrin

6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey and welcome to CF

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Greetings to you.:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to the donkey's left armpit :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009