Hi all, another newbie

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Paj, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Paj

Paj New Member

Hello nice to meet you all, i have been reading these forums for a while but finally decided to register after i failed my first mock exam on my A+ with 70%. I have enrolled with computeach, i have read of their reputation on these forums but to be fair i have found them very good thus far. I have enrolled to do the A+ with MCSE and CCNP, i think i failed my mock exam by answering questions with too many answers. For example one of the questions was Identify an output device, possible answers, Keyboard, Mouse, Printer, Monitor, i ticked both Monitor and Printer, now the question did not say tick all that apply but i did tick both Printer and Monitor. There was a few questions like this and i done the same on all of them, i am guessing this was my shortfall because the questions were Relatively easy. Does anyone know if this could cause a fail if you put too many answers to the questions, when it does not say tick all that apply even though a couple of the given answers that you must select are the correct answers. Also is it true that a scanner scans the paper and if the answers are not as the scanner expects them to be then it will fail that question? Anyway enough of my failed first mock exam ( not a good start lol ), i am 34 with 4 kids and want to take up a new career in IT. I have been driving 38 tonne trucks for the last 10 years and have had a guts full of the rat race. My main hobby out of work is pc's whether it be playing games, surfing the net or repairing other peoples pc's and upgrading/repairing my own. A very nice forum this that i found by luck really, nice to meet you all, speak to you on a regular basis no doubt the further i go into my course, if i ever pass the first mock exam lol.

carl

Certifications: A+,CCNA
    WIP: BSCI CCNP
  2. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

Welcome paj,

computeach will mark incorect for to many answers, if the question does not say select all that apply then choose one.

Goodluck M8

Certifications: Elec & Eelc Eng A+
    WIP: CCNA-CCNP
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow! 34 and 4 kids. I'm 50 with three and changed careers about 5 years ago, so it can be done. Welcome to CF. Hope we can help you out. Cheers. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi carl, and welcome to CF - good to have you aboard :)

Sympathise with being stuck in driving for 10 years - I was a van driver for the same, until I finally got my break into the bottom end of the IT ladder. It does happen - just needs patience and determination.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

WElcome to the forum Paj :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Welcome to the forum mate, hope we can be of service. :D

Certifications: CCNA