hey

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by DiamondGeezer, Dec 17, 2004.

1. DiamondGeezer

DiamondGeezer Bit Poster

Hi all, this will be the first of many posts i'm sure. Just like to start off by saying that previous to this post I've read through a few topics and noticed right off that there really seems to be a welcoming and helpfull nature from the the senior members, I just hope you can all be patient also.

To the main point, Ive just enroled for mcp/ccna certification with Sheidegger IT Training, I'm looking for any feedback about Sheidegger in general, good/bad, whatever. Any advice on what I could be doing throughout the course to enhance my chances of passing would be appreciated.

Its come to this point where i had to get some qualifications under my belt and IT is where my interest lies. I have a little IT background working for HP for the last 8 years as a repair operator and the spare time building and repairing pc's at home. This is the big step for me and my grey matter but i am determined to see it through. :eek:

well thats the short intro.thanks and speak to you all soon. :D

WIP: mcp/ccna
  2. DiamondGeezer

DiamondGeezer Bit Poster

Ok so i looked a little further into the new members section and have found that not a lot of people here have had dealings with them, none the less i'm gonna persevere.

I may be a little into deep water with the course materials when i start ( straight after the new year ) but I'm sure you guys can wet nurse me through the teething stages if need be.

Thanks again.

3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Welcome to the forum DiamondGeezer. If you pop down to the training and development forum you'll find a bit about training providers. From what I've seen most of the people who've had dealings with Sheidegger IT Training are reasonably happy about them.

I'm sure the others will be along shortly with the tea and biscuits so pull up a keyboard and make yourself at home.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the boards m8

:ohmy

You know we will help where we can or at the very least steer you in the right direction.

Welcome to the wonderful world of certs.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi DiamondGeezer, and welcome to CF :D

"Deep water" shouldn't be a prob for you - your right next to Loch Lomond, right ? 8) Don't worry - if you can cope with the midges, then theres nothing in your course that can't be achieved with enthusiasm, dedication and no shortage of encouragement from the guys around here...

Main thing is ENJOY your studies. Good luck, my friend :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to the Forums DiamondGeezer, nice username BTW. Make yourself at home, take a good look around and join in where you can. :)

Si

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  7. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Hi there, welcome!!

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, DiamondGeezer. With a handle like that, I'm sure you aren't 21 years old anymore. ;) No worries...I'm probably the "geezerest" geezer here at age 50.

You are in an "MCP/CCNA" program? I assume that one of your goals might be to attain more than one MS cert and to shot for an MCSA or MCSE. Although possessing a single MS cert and thus becoming an MCP is worthwhile in and of itself, you will probably get more mileage out of completing one of the two paths I mentioned above. With you hardware experience, I imagine earning an A+ would be fairly straightforward and that cert (along with either the Network+ or Server+ certs) could be applied towards an MCSA (but not MCSE alas).

Glad you found Certforums, DiamondGeezer. Welcome.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. DiamondGeezer

DiamondGeezer Bit Poster

Thanks for the warm welcome, it sure aint warm where i live just now, Jak can surely testify to that ...lol........BTW where are you from ?

As for not being a 21 year old Geezer your spot on, but I'm still only 30 years young so theres plenty of time to get things wrong and begin again, hope it wont be the case though.

Again, thanks for the welcome and i'll catch you all soon.

Gotta do some work now but i'll be checking the boards as i work, night shift sucks.

10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If that "where are you from" was directed at me, the answer is Boise, Idaho, USA. I'm probablyl about the only "yank" around here...at least on a regular basis. The rest of the gang like to tease me when I "freak out" over some bit of slang they all know but that sounds like "alien-speak" to me. LOL

30 years old is hardly "geezer-ville". From where I'm sitting, that's really young. I hear you about the night shift. When I went back to school this last time, for six months I worked nights as a slave for a big mail processing plant for the Postal Service. I'd get a day or two off once every two weeks and it was pretty typical to work 10 to 12 hour days. Fortunately, I got a more "user friendly" slave job that let me go back to school and get my networking degree.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. DiamondGeezer

DiamondGeezer Bit Poster

So all is well then, I may be wrong but did i read in another thread that you'll have a book out next year ? Not bad for night shift and slave labour to say the least. Hope it goes well for you mate. :biggrin
    The DiamondGeezer name goes everywhere with me on forums, its kinda hung on from my gaming exploits online, I'm a big Spearhead fan.

12. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Sounds like your fitting in right at home already, DiamondGeezer - nice one :thumbleft

...if the "where are you from" was pitched at me, then I'm down in Ayrshire - Darvel to be precise, but I'm no stranger to the banks of the Loch. Did the West Highland Way a few years back, and I swear the midges were worse than the blisters each day :cry:

But like I need to tell you that ? :oops:

13. DiamondGeezer

DiamondGeezer Bit Poster

Ah ayrshire, the sunshine coast. I've a few friends down that way, steveson and salcoats to be exact, also been known to frequent the area for a few beers now and then, played a couple of bad games of golf at ardeer golf club as well, never the less its always a good day out.

And dont worry I'll pre warn you the next time i'm down that way so you can lock up your trash cans.....hee hee..

14. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

ROTFLMAO !!! You'd better watch your wallet while your at it, m8 :biggrin