hey

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by nickr, Jul 16, 2007.

1. nickr

nickr New Member

hi evry1:D new to this,I have hardly any computer knowledge besides Level 1 in IT users equals (word excel ect...),I wanted to get into pc repair and was going to start a A+ computer course with computeach,but I've read some threads and have thought otherwise,could anyone advise me of a good company i could use for home learning plz thank you nick

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

No need for a training provider mate, why not get a good book and an old PC to use?

Link:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Certificati...7070828?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184583090&sr=8-3

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome, :D

Like what most people will say to you on here as they've said to me dont waste money on a training company buy the Mike Meyers all in one exam guide for the A+ and read through it take notes and when you understand and feel ready take the exams.

Its cheaper and you dont get any BS like we will get you job for million pounds a year after you do this course which will take 6 days or something to that effect

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. nickr

nickr New Member

I have a old pc to use,but the only thing that is worrying me id that my understanding of the technical vocabulary isn't very good and I tested the course material with home learning college and was kind of baffled by what the book was saying.Have you read this book and does it explain things in detail,and what about the exams how would I book them?
    Thanks Nick

5. greenbrucelee

Everything you could possibly need to know about the A+ is the Mike Meyers all in one guide 6th edition (make sure you get the 6th edition as the have just changed the exams)

Terminology is explained and it names the exam test centre companies websites so you can find your local test centre on the net.

You dont have to be a genius or know much about computers at all you just need to be able to study.

I have just started doing the A+ by reading through the book and then going through again taking notes it couldnt be any more simple.

6. nickr

nickr New Member

Brilliant thanks for your help I've just read through a bit of the old version and it does seem very helpful,so im gonna order the book today and i'l keep the site posted on my progress.

Thanks again Nick:biggrin

7. greenbrucelee

Good luck with your studies :D

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, nickr. Welcome to CF. :)

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. nickr

nickr New Member

any1 know where i can find the mike myers sixth edition A+ certification book? Nick

10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! The Meyers book is excellent, good luck with using it! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  13. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  14. nickr

nickr New Member

thanks for the warm welcome evry1 appreciate it :biggrin

15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!